- 2cups heirloom tomatoes, diced
- 1small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2tablespoons lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 1/4cup (2-ounces) butter, divided
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 3/4cup (6-ounces) Wisconsin Queso Quesadilla Cheese, shredded*
- 4 eggs
- 1/4cup (1 1/2-ounces) Wisconsin Queso Fresco Cheese, crumbled
blog comments powered by
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Make salsa in medium bowl, gently toss together tomatoes, onion, garlic, lime juice, jalapeño, cilantro, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in skillet over medium heat. Add tortilla and fry for 10 to 15 seconds; flip and sprinkle with 3 tablespoons Queso Quesadilla. Cook 10 to 15 seconds more, place tortilla on pan and place in oven; repeat with remaining tortillas. Warm tortillas in oven until cheese is fully melted, about 2 minutes.
- In large skillet over medium heat, melt remaining butter and cook eggs, sunny-side up or over-easy. Place warm, cheese-topped tortilla on plate, top with egg, smother with salsa and top with 1 tablespoon crumbled Queso Fresco; serve. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
* If Wisconsin Queso Quesadilla Cheese is not available, you may substitute Wisconsin Muenster or Wisconsin Monterey Jack.