Wisconsin Queso Huevos Rancheros
- Yield 4 servings
Lots of fresh vegetables can be found in this cheesy egg dish.
- 2 cups heirloom tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup (2-ounces) butter, divided
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 3/4 cup (6-ounces) Wisconsin Queso Quesadilla Cheese, shredded*
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup (1 1/2-ounces) Wisconsin Queso Fresco Cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Make salsa in medium bowl, gently toss together tomatoes, onion, garlic, lime juice, jalapeño, cilantro, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in skillet over medium heat. Add tortilla and fry for 10 to 15 seconds; flip and sprinkle with 3 tablespoons Queso Quesadilla. Cook 10 to 15 seconds more, place tortilla on pan and place in oven; repeat with remaining tortillas. Warm tortillas in oven until cheese is fully melted, about 2 minutes.
- In large skillet over medium heat, melt remaining butter and cook eggs, sunny-side up or over-easy. Place warm, cheese-topped tortilla on plate, top with egg, smother with salsa and top with 1 tablespoon crumbled Queso Fresco; serve. Repeat with remaining tortillas.