Wisconsin Gorgonzola Crisp Potato Pancakes
- Yield 4 servings
Gorgonzola cheese star in these crispy potato cakes.
- 4 large (2 1/2-pounds total) baking potatoes, washed but not peeled
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup onions, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup (3-ounces) Wisconsin Gorgonzola, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and placed in freezer to firm and chilled completely
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- In a large pot, cover the potatoes with water and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes and shut off the heat. Let the potatoes cool to room temperature in the water.
- When cool, drain and peel the jackets off the potatoes. Using the course side of a cheese grater, grate the potatoes into a bowl. Add the melted butter, onion, parsley, salt and pepper and stir.
- Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in an 8 inch non-stick pan. Add half the potato mixture and smooth down with the back of a spoon. Add the cold Gorgonzola slices and top with the remaining potatoes. Press and seal the edges with the back of a spoon.
- Over medium high heat cook the potatoes until lightly browned (2 to 3 minutes). Slide the pancake onto a plate and turn it over into the same pan. Brow the other side (2 to 3 minutes).
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool slightly and then serve.
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board