Wisconsin Fontina Puff Pastry Pinwheels
- Yield 72 pieces
Try these cheese stuffed pinwheels as an appetizer at your next party.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 9 thin slices prosciutto
- 3/4 cup (3-ounces) Wisconsin Fontina cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Thaw pastry 20 minutes; unfold and roll to 10- x 12-inch rectangle. Cut lengthwise into three equal strips.
- Spread pesto over bottom 2/3 of each strip. Place 3 slices prosciutto over this 2/3 segment; spread with pesto and sprinkle with cheese. Beat egg with water and brush top 1/3 of pastry strips with egg wash. Starting at bottom long end, roll up each strip, jelly-roll fashion.
- Brush with egg wash and cut into 1/2 inch-wide rounds. Place flat on baking sheet and bake 7-10 minutes, until crisp. Cool on rack.