Wisconsin Cheesy Potato Pancakes
- Yield 12 servings
Using instant mashed potatoes makes these cheesy potato cakes a breeze to prepare.
- 1 1/2 quarts instant mashed potatoes, prepared and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups (6-ounces shredded Colby or Muenster cheese
- 3/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups flour, divide
- 1/3 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme, rosemary, or sage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Prepare instant mashed potatoes according to package directions. Cool.
- In a small bowl, beat 4 eggs.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, cheese, parsley, 3/4 cup flour, chives, 4 beaten eggs and herb(s); mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before molding and preparing.
- To prepare pancakes, form 24 2-inch patties. Lightly beat remaining 2 eggs in shallow dish. Place remaining 3/4 cup flour in shallow bowl. Dip pancakes in egg and then dust with flour. In large nonstick skillet, sauté each patty for 3 minutes per side or until crisp, golden brown, and heated through.
- Serve warm with eggs, sausages, omelets, or on their own accompanied with sour cream and sliced, sautéed apples or applesauce on the side.