Wisconsin Cheesy Potato Pancakes
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 1/2quarts instant mashed potatoes, prepared and cooled
- 1 1/2cups (6-ounces shredded Colby or Muenster cheese
- 3/4cup parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2cups flour, divide
- 1/3cup fresh chives, chopped
- 6large eggs
- 1/2tablespoon dried thyme, rosemary, or sage
- 2tablespoons butter
- Prepare instant mashed potatoes according to package directions. Cool.
- In a small bowl, beat 4 eggs.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, cheese, parsley, 3/4 cup flour, chives, 4 beaten eggs and herb(s); mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours before molding and preparing.
- To prepare pancakes, form 24 2-inch patties. Lightly beat remaining 2 eggs in shallow dish. Place remaining 3/4 cup flour in shallow bowl. Dip pancakes in egg and then dust with flour. In large nonstick skillet, sauté each patty for 3 minutes per side or until crisp, golden brown, and heated through.
- Serve warm with eggs, sausages, omelets, or on their own accompanied with sour cream and sliced, sautéed apples or applesauce on the side.
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board