Wisconsin Cheese Fondue
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
This cheese fondue starring Gruyere and Fontina cheeses is perfect served with bread, apples and pear slices.
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup (4-ounces) Wisconsin Gruyere Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (4-ounces) Wisconsin Fontina cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 1/2 loaf ciabatta bread, sliced
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 pear, sliced
- In a medium heavy-bottom saucepan, heat wine to slow boil. Gradually stir in the cheese. Cook over low heat until the cheese is bubbly.
- In small bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Stir into cheese mixture. Simmer over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes oruntil mixture is smooth and the cheese is completely incorporated. If a thinner mixture is desired, stir in additional wine, one tablespoon at a time. Serve with the bread, apple, and pear slices.