Wisconsin Cheddar Beer Soup
- Yield 8 servings
Your family will love this classic soup featuring smoked sausage and sharp Cheddar cheese!
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 -- (8-ounce) package fresh cabbage, shredded for coleslaw
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 -- (10 1/4-ounce) cans chicken stock
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups half-and-half, heated
- 2 cups (8-ounces) Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 pound fully-cooked smoked sausage, cut into bite-sized chunks
- Melt butter in large, heavy saucepan. Add onion and cabbage. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until vegetables are translucent. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute. Add broth, beer, and mustard. Cover and simmer 30 minutes. Add hot half-and-half, Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar Cheese and sausage. Warm gently until heated through and cheese melts.