- Yield 8 servings
This winter wine will keep you warm and cheery on snowy days.
- 4 to 5 sticks cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- -- Peeling from 1/2 orange (outer orange peel only)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 -- (750 ml.) bottle sangria
- Put first six ingredients in pan and boil until sugar is dissolved and mixture is thickening.
- Stir in wine.
- Reduce heat and simmer at least 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Owensboro’s To Market, To Market, Home Again, Home Again (Owensboro, Kentucky, 1984).