Winter Squash and Onion Bread Pudding
- Yield: 12 servings
- 2tablespoons butter
- 2large yellow onions, coarsely chopped
- 6cups cubed, roasted acorn or butternut squash
- 6 eggs
- 2cups half-and half
- 1cup whole milk
- 3tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- 4cups bread cubes (from sturdy loaves, like baguettes or sourdough)
- 1cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onions and sauté until soft. Combine roasted squash and onions in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs with half-and-half, milk, sage, salt and pepper. Pour over squash mixture. Add bread, and toss until everything is well coated. Spoon into prepared pan and top with shredded cheese. Bake 30 minutes, or until puffed but firm, and browned.
—Recipe courtesy of Nancy Vienneau and Third Thursday Potluck
For a complete menu featuring Winter Squash and Onion Bread Pudding, along with 11 more simple menus for year round entertaining, check out our Supper Club Menus Recipe App for the iPad on iTunes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 240
- Fat 12g
- Cholesterol 120mg
- Sodium 440g
- Carbohydrate 26g
- Fiber 5g
- Protein 10g