Winter Green Salad with Very Garlicky Vinaigrette
- Yield: servings
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2cup (4 1/2 ozs.) arugula
- 1/2cup (4 1/2 ozs.) watercress
- 1cup (2 ozs.) red leaf lettuce
- 1cup (2 ozs.) romaine leaves
- 1/2cup (5 ozs.) radicchio
- 1/2cup (5 ozs.) endive
- Put all the dressing ingredients in a screw-top jar, and shake vigorously until thoroughly blended. Set aside.
- Roughly tear the arugula, watercress, red leaf lettuce and romaine leaves, and put them in a salad bowl. Finely slice the radicchio and endive, add them to the bowl, and mix well.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, toss, and serve.
Reprinted with permission from Amanda Grant’s Fresh and Fast Vegan.