Wilted Spinach with Orecchiette Pasta
- Yield 4 servings
“Little ears” pasta is perfectly shaped to hold the spinach and caramelized garlic sauce.
- 1 (12-ounce) package dried orecciette pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups loose-packed fresh spinach leaves
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain in a colander and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic and pepper flakes; saute until garlic begins to brown lightly. Add spinach and toss. Add cooked pasta and mix well about 1 minute. Season with salt, pepper, lemon juice and cheese. Toss to combine. Serve immediately.