Wild Salmon Hash
- Yield 4 servings
Salmon, potatoes and leeks meld in this super-flavorful salmon hash -- a great brunch meal.
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 leeks, cleaned and sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 2 cups chopped raw wild salmon
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- To prepare potatoes, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Gently toss. Place on baking sheet in a single layer. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, stirring twice, until golden brown and tender. Cool slightly and dice.
- To prepare hash, melt butter in a large saute pan. Add leeks; cook over medium-high heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add salmon; saute until opaque, about 3 minutes. Add potatoes; saute about 2 minutes.
- Add cream, salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes. Garnish with chives. Serves 4.
Recipe courtesy of Mother’s Bistro, Portland, Ore.