Wild Rice Stuffing
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
The wild rice combined with the tartness in the fruit and the toasty pecans make this stuffing truly extra special.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 (6-ounce) boxes long grain and wild rice mix
- 4 1/4 cups fat-free canned chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup peeled baking apples, chopped
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the onion and celery until tender. Add wild rice with seasoning packet, chicken broth, rosemary, thyme and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and cook until the broth is absorbed, about 25 to 30 minutes. Stir in the raisins, cranberries, apples and pecans. Transfer the mixture to a 2-quart baking dish and bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Remove the bay leaf before serving.