Wild Rice Salad
- Yield 6 servings
A whole grain salad, marinated in soy sauce, rice vinegar and olive oil
"I store this salad in a large plastic bag and turn it occasionally to marinate it evenly. It's even better the second day!"
- 6 ounces wild rice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger root, minced
- 1/4 pound snow peas
- 3 cups bean sprouts
- 1 (6-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (7-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted cashews
- Cook wild rice according to package instructions, drain and rinse.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger root. Add water chestnuts and mushrooms.
- Toss in rice, snow peas, and bean sprouts.
- Refrigerate and top with cashews at serving time.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Toss in some cherry tomatoes with the snow peas for a red and green holiday accent. This delightful salad is ideal with roast turkey, ham, or roast beef.
Recipe by Joan Lloyd, Lady Lake, Fla.