Wild Rice Salad with Cranberry Dressing
- Yield 10 servings
This wild rice salad with cranberries is topped with a delicious sweet-and-tangy cranberry dressing.
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- To prepare salad: Cook wild rice in 4 cups water until almost done, about 45 minutes. Drain well; cool. Add remaining salad ingredients.
- To prepare dressing: Combine dressing ingredients, add to salad, mix together.
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin State Cranberry Growers Association