Wild Rice and Beef Casserole
- Yield 6 servings
Mushroom, water chestnut, and garlic mix with rice and ground beef
"This recipe is delicious and easy. Ingredients can be doubled for larger amounts."
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can cream of celery, chicken or mushroom soup
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup wild rice, cooked according to package directions, without salt
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Saute onion in oil in large skillet. Add ground beef and brown. Drain off grease.
- Stir in soup, water chestnuts, mushooms, water, seasonings, and cooked wild rice. Pour into a buttered casserole dish.
- Bake, covered, for 30 minutes.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: You can season the beef with a little salt while browning.
—Betty Maithonis, Newhall, Calif.