Wild Rice Casserole
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Prep: 15 mins.
- Cook: 20 mins.
A side dish with rice, vegetables, dried fruit and sausage that can accompany a wide variety of main courses or even an entree salad.
- 1 box wild rice and white rice blend
- 2tablespoons butter
- 1/2cup diced sausage
- 1/2cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2cup chopped onion
- 1/3cup sliced celery
- 1/2cup California Raisins
- 1/3cup quartered dried apricots
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Prepare rice according to package instructions.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt butter; and sausage and saute 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, onion and celery and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix together prepared wild rice, sausage and vegetables; add raisins and apricots, and then put into ovenproof casserole dish. Bake about 20 minutes until heated through. Mix in almonds just before serving.