Wild Rice Casserole with Mushrooms and Pecans
- Yield 10 servings
A great side dish when serving pork or chicken as your main course.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup wild rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish with a lid.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan. Add the onion, green pepper and garlic. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Add the mushrooms and saute until they lose their liquid. Add the pecans and saute for 1 minute.
- Place the mixture in the baking dish. Stir in the rice and broth. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and bake for 60 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Linda Mutschler’s Fast Track to Fine Dining (Favorite Recipes Press, 2009).