Wild Rice Casserole with Mushrooms and Pecans
- Yield: 10 servings
- 1/2cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8ounces sliced mushrooms (about 3 cups)
- 1cup chopped pecans
- 1cup wild rice
- 3cups chicken broth
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish with a lid.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan. Add the onion, green pepper and garlic. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Add the mushrooms and saute until they lose their liquid. Add the pecans and saute for 1 minute.
- Place the mixture in the baking dish. Stir in the rice and broth. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and bake for 60 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Linda Mutschler’s Fast Track to Fine Dining (Favorite Recipes Press, 2009).