- 1 (8-ounce) block lite silken tofu
- 2tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2tablespoon hot sauce
- 2cups cooked wild rice, cooled
- 1 (15-ounce) can of black-eyed peas, drained, rinsed and smashed
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 to 1 1/2cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 1tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Preheat the oven to 425F.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the silken tofu, soy sauce, nutritional yeast, garlic powder and hot sauce until smooth.
- In a large bowl mix together the tofu mixture, cooked wild rice, diced onion, smashed black-eyed peas and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1 cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs and mix to combine until ingredients come together. If needed, add more breadcrumbs 1 tablespoon at a time until mixture reaches a malleable consistency from which you can form balls.
- Shape into patties with your hands, using 1/4 cup of wild rice mixture per patty. Place on a lined baking sheet and press down to make flat. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, flip, and bake for another 10 minutes on the other side.
Recipe by Lindsay of Cook. Vegan. Lover., courtesy of Meatless Monday
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 364
- Fat 3.2
- Saturated Fat 0.6
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 585mg
- Potassium 523mg
- Carbohydrate 66g
- Fiber 9.3g
- Sugars 5g
- Protein 18g