Wild Rice and Pork Salad
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 2 (6-ounce) packages long-grain and wild rice
- 1 (6-ounce) package frozen snow pea pods
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (11-ounce) can mandarin orange segments in water, drained
- 2cups chopped cooked pork tenderloin (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1/4cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1teaspoon ground ginger
- Cook rice per the usual instructions, but do not include any oil or salt. Set aside when finished.
- Cook pea pods according to the usual directions.
- Mix cooked rice, pea pods, water chestnuts, oranges and pork, tossing well.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, oil and ginger and whisk until thoroughly combined. Pour over rice salad, mix, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 389
- Fat 7.3g
- Saturated Fat 1.6g
- Cholesterol 42mg
- Sodium 1000mg
- Carbohydrate 57.9g
- Protein 23.3g