Wild Rice and Pea Casserole
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
Use a good quality wild rice cooked in chicken broth for an extra touch.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted, optional
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil and saute mushrooms and onion until tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. In a 2-quart casserole dish, combine sauteed vegetables, rice, peas, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and fold in almonds.