Wild Rice and Mushroom Soup
- Yield 8 servings
A wonderful, hearty soup that is a meal itself. Add leftover turkey or chicken if you prefer.
- 1 -- (6-ounce) box long-grain and wild rice
- 1 -- onion, chopped
- 1 pound variety sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups canned fat-free chicken broth
- 1 -- (12-ounce) can evaporated skimmed milk
- Cook rice according to package directions; set aside.
- In a pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the onion, mushrooms and green peppers until tender. Add flour, stirring. Gradually stir in chicken broth and heat until boiling. Add evaporated milk and rice. Season to taste. Add more chicken broth if too thick. Makes 8 cups.