Wild Rice and Feta Salad
- Yield 6 servings
Tangy feta cheese adds punch to this pretty rice salad.
If you don't have tarragon wine vinegar on hand, don't make a special trip to the store. Just use 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar and add 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon.
- 1 (6-ounce) package long-grain and wild rice
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (2-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup tarragon wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Cool slightly.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cheese, peppers, onions and pimiento.
- Stir together the water, olive oil, vinegar and pepper. Add to the rice mixture. Toss gently to coat. Cover and chill for 1 hour before serving (this salad can be made a day ahead).