Wild Rice and Artichoke Salad
- Yield 6 servings
This chilled wild rice salad starring artichokes will be a hit at your next gathering.
- 1 (6-ounce) package long grain and wild rice, cooked
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Combine rice, artichokes and green onions in bowl; mix well. Chill, covered in refrigerator.
- Combine tomatoes, oil, wine vinegar and garlic in saucepan; mix well. Cook until heated through, stirring constantly. Stir into rice mixture. Chill.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Wheeling’sThe Best of Wheeling (Wheeling, West Virginia, 1994).