Wild Mushroom Butter Sauce
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups
- 12tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4cup shallots, diced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 4ounces fresh wild mushroom, chopped (crimini, yellow oyster, shiitake, etc.)
- 1/4cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a heavy skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add shallots, leeks and ginger; sauté until leeks are soft. Purée leek mixture in a food processor or blender; set aside.
- Melt remaining 10 tablespoons butter in skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and sauté 2 to 3 minutes. Add leek purée, broth, and salt and pepper; mix well and bring to a simmer; serve hot. You may thin sauce with additional chicken broth, if desired.
- Pairs well with vegetables, poultry and beef. Store sauce in refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat to serve.
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board