Wild Mushroom and Wilted Spinach Bruschetta
- Yield: 24 pieces
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 20 minutes
- 2teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2cups slice mixed wild mushrooms, such as shiitake, oyster and porcini
- 1cup chopped red onion
- 1/4cup balsamic vinegar
- 6ounces baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/2cup California Golden Raisins
- 1/2teaspoon allspice
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 baguette, cut into 24 slices
- 3ounces mild smooth goat cheese, softened
- Heat oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onions; sauté 10 minutes. Add vinegar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vinegar becomes thick and syrupy, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in spinach, raisins, allspice, salt and pepper. Sauté until spinach starts to wilt.
- Meanwhile place bread slices on large baking sheet in a single layer and lightly toast each side under broiler.
- To serve, spread goat cheese on one side of each bread slice. Top with spinach mixture.
Recipe by Margee Berry