Wholesome Bean Chili
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 1 1/2 hours
- 2tablespoons GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1teaspoon GOYA® Minced Garlic, or 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans GOYA® Low Sodium Red Kidney Beans, drained (reserving liquid)
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can GOYA® Tomato Sauce
- 3tablespoons chili powder
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2teaspoon sugar
- GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in medium pot over medium-high heat. Add beef, onions and garlic; cook until browned, breaking up meat with wooden spoon, about 10 min. Stir in reserved bean liquid, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder and cumin; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 1 hr.
- Stir in reserved beans, sugar and Adobo. Cook until heated through, about 10 min. more. Divide chili among serving bowls.
Recipe courtesy of Goya.