Wholesome Bean Chili
- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 20 minutes
- Cook 1 1/2 hours
Chili made its way into Americans' hearts long ago. Now many Americans are discovering that their chili can be even better with bright, plump and tender Red Kidney Beans from GOYA®, the bean experts.
- 2 tablespoons GOYA® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon GOYA® Minced Garlic, or 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans GOYA® Low Sodium Red Kidney Beans, drained (reserving liquid)
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can GOYA® Tomato Sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- GOYA® Adobo All-Purpose Seasoning with Pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in medium pot over medium-high heat. Add beef, onions and garlic; cook until browned, breaking up meat with wooden spoon, about 10 min. Stir in reserved bean liquid, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder and cumin; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 1 hr.
- Stir in reserved beans, sugar and Adobo. Cook until heated through, about 10 min. more. Divide chili among serving bowls.
Recipe courtesy of Goya.