Whole Wheat Waffles
- Yield: 3 servings
These waffles are so crisp and light, no one will ever suspect they're made with 100% whole wheat flour!
- 1 1/2cups King Arthur 100% White Whole Wheat Flour or Premium Whole Wheat Flour
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 1large egg
- 1 1/2cups lukewarm milk
- 1/3cup melted butter or vegetable oil
- Preheat your iron while you make the waffle batter.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, and butter or oil.
- Mix together the wet and dry ingredients, stirring just until combined. The batter will be a bit lumpy; that’s OK.
- Cook the waffles as directed in the instructions that came with your waffle iron. Makes 3 1/2 round Belgian-style (deep-pocket) 7-inch waffles.