Whole-Wheat Sugar Cookies
- 2cups whole-wheat flour
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2cup butter
- 1cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2tablespoons 2-percent reduced fat milk
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2tablespoons granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Stir together whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- Beat butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed 1 minute. Add granulated sugar; beat mixture until combined. Add egg, orange peel and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- Stir in flour mixture and milk just until combined.
- Combine topping ingredients in a pie plate.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Flatten slightly with bottom of a glass dipped in topping mixture.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
Recipe courtesy of KansasWheat.com
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 74
- Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 13mg
- Sodium 59mg
- Carbohydrate 12g
- Fiber 1g