Whole-Wheat Penne With Arugula, White Beans and Parmesan
- Yield: 4 servings
You can cook and drain the pasta the day before serving. Refrigerate it to complete the dish the next day.
- 1pound whole-wheat penne pasta
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (10-ounce) can white cannellini beans, drained and well rinsed
- 2cups arugula leaves
- 1/2teaspoon crushed dried red chili flakes
- 1/4cup fresh-grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions until al dente. Drain and rinse in cold water; set aside. This may be done the day before assembling dish, if desired.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute until it just begins to brown. Add white beans and stir well. Fold the cooked pasta into the beans, add the arugula leaves and chili flakes. Continue to saute a minute until mixture is heated though. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 496
- Fat 88g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 155mg
- Carbohydrate 91g
- Fiber 16g
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 23g