Whole-Wheat Noodles with Black Olives, Farmer’s Cheese and Roasted Chicken
- Yield 4 servings
Thanks to our premade California Ripe Olive and Fig Tapenade, Homemade Farmer’s Cheese and Peruvian Roasted Chicken Thighs, this pasta is on the table in less than 20 minutes and good for the whole family. Sponsored by Microplane.
- 4 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta (linguine, spaghetti, angel hair, fettucine)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced cooked Peruvian Roasted Chicken
- 2 tablespoons Ripe Olive and Fig Tapenade or fig preserves
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta cooking water or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1 cup Homemade Farmer's Cheese or fresh mozzarella cheese, crumbled
- -- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring water to a rolling boil and add salt. Cook pasta according to package directions just until al dente. Do not overcook. Drain pasta and set aside, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Heat a large saute pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and sliced Peruvian Roasted Chicken Thighs. Cook until thoroughly warm, about 2 minutes. Add Ripe Olive and Fig Tapenade, reserved pasta water and cooked pasta. Toss to coat noodles with tapenade.
- Remove from heat and add basil, Homemade Farmer's Cheese and black pepper. Toss a final time and serve.