- 4quarts water
- 1tablespoon coarse salt
- 8ounces whole wheat pasta (linguine, spaghetti, angel hair, fettucine)
- 2tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2cups sliced cooked Peruvian Roasted Chicken
- 2tablespoons Ripe Olive and Fig Tapenade or fig preserves
- 1/2cup reserved pasta cooking water or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4cup fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1cup Homemade Farmer's Cheese or fresh mozzarella cheese, crumbled
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring water to a rolling boil and add salt. Cook pasta according to package directions just until al dente. Do not overcook. Drain pasta and set aside, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Heat a large saute pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and sliced Peruvian Roasted Chicken Thighs. Cook until thoroughly warm, about 2 minutes. Add Ripe Olive and Fig Tapenade, reserved pasta water and cooked pasta. Toss to coat noodles with tapenade.
- Remove from heat and add basil, Homemade Farmer’s Cheese and black pepper. Toss a final time and serve.