Whole Wheat Apple Bread
- Yield 12 servings
Serve this healthful and tasty dish as a bread or a cake.
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 -- eggs, well beaten
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 1 cup pecans or black walnuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine oil, sugar, and eggs. Set aside.
- Combine flour, salt and soda. Add dry ingredients to oil mixture. Mix well.
- Add apples, nuts and vanilla. Pour into 2 greased 9×5-inch bread pans, Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Turn out of pans before cooling completely. (Can be iced with mixture of confectioners' sugar and lemon juice.)
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Rochester’s Applehood & Motherpie (The Junior League of Rochester, Inc., 1981).