Whole-Grain Pasta With “Burnt” Onions and Spinach
- Yield 3 to 4 servings
Whole grain pasta is a great way to add fiber to your meals.
- 1 -- (12-ounce) box whole grain pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups whole bably spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium heat and add onions. Cook without stirring about 2 minutes until they begin to brown. Once the onions are golden begin to stir occasionally until they become a deep brown color. Add the cooked pasta to the onions along with the spinach leaves. Combine well until the spinach wilts. Sprinkle cheese over the top before serving.