Whole-Grain Buttermilk Triple Berry Pancakes
- Yield 6 servings
Loaded with fiber, these pancakes are topped with raspberries and fresh and dried blueberries.
You can substitute any chopped dried fruit for the blueberries. You can add chopped nuts or even chocolate if you like.
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pint raspberries, well washed
- 1/2 pint blueberries, well washed
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1 pinch salt
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, oats, cornmeal, baking soda and powder and brown sugar.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs lightly. Alternatively add dry ingredients and buttermilk to eggs, stirring until just combined. Do not overmix batter.
- Add melted butter product or oil, all the berries and salt. Toss just to combine. Adjust thickness with additional buttermilk.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Make pancakes any size you want (we like to use 1/4 cup batter per pancake). Additional batter can be stored in a plastic container up to 3 days.
Watch our video to see how it’s made: