Whole-Grain Buttermilk Triple Berry Pancakes
- Yield: 6 servings
You can substitute any chopped dried fruit for the blueberries. You can add chopped nuts or even chocolate if you like.
- 1 1/2cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/2cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1/2cup rolled oats
- 1/4cup cornmeal
- 2teaspoons baking soda
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2cups buttermilk
- 2tablespoons canola oil
- 1pint raspberries, well washed
- 1/2pint blueberries, well washed
- 1/2cup dried blueberries
- 1pinch salt
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, oats, cornmeal, baking soda and powder and brown sugar.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs lightly. Alternatively add dry ingredients and buttermilk to eggs, stirring until just combined. Do not overmix batter.
- Add melted butter product or oil, all the berries and salt. Toss just to combine. Adjust thickness with additional buttermilk.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Make pancakes any size you want (we like to use 1/4 cup batter per pancake). Additional batter can be stored in a plastic container up to 3 days.
Watch our video to see how it’s made:
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 369
- Fat 9g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 69mg
- Sodium 639mg
- Carbohydrate 62g
- Fiber 10g
- Sugars 13g