White Wine Sangria with Strawberry Basil
- Yield 4 servings
Sweet strawberries and tangy basil infuse a dry, white sangria.
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1 750 ml bottle Sauvignon Blanc
- Place the lemon slices, half of the strawberries, and half of the basil in a large pitcher and fill it with the wine. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 6 hours.
- Fill half to two-thirds of another large pitcher with ice. Then add the remaining strawberries and basil.
- Strain the infused wine into the prepared pitcher and stir. Pour the sangria into four stemless white wine glasses. Serve.
Recipe From Cocktails for the Four Seasons by Jenny Park and Teri Lyn Fisher, (Peter Pauper Press, 2014)