White Spinach Pizza
- Yield 8 servings
A great quick and light lunch.
- 1 -- (10-ounce) can refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 cups fresh spinach, washed and stemmed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Pat crust into a round 12-inch pizza pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 7 minutes or until crust begins to brown.
- In a small pot, mix together milk and flour over medium-high heat until thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread white sauce over partially baked crust.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute mushrooms and garlic until tender, about 5 mintues. Add spinach, stirring until wilted. Add basil. Spread spinach mixture over white sauce. Sprinkle with feta and mozzarella cheeses.
- Return to oven and continue baking 10 minutes until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted.