White Grape Gazpacho
- Yield 6 servings
This chilled soup starring fresh fruits and vegetables is perfect for a hot summer day.
- 8 cups chopped white seedless grapes
- 1 -- cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 -- red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups apple or white grape juice
- -- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 cup red or white wine (merlot, chardonnay, fume blanc, zinfandel or gewurztraminer)
- Combine all ingredients including wine, if using, in a large nonreactive mixing bowl with a spoon. For a thicker version, place 2 cups of mixture in a blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade; puree 20 seconds until smooth. Fold puree back into bowl and combine well. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to blend flavors. Soup can be made the day before serving and stored covered in refrigerator.