White Gazpacho with Almonds and Grapes
- Yield 8 servings
Rich, aromatic marcona almonds are perfect in this soup.
- 6 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1 cup water plus more to soak the bread
- 1 cup unsalted blanced almonds plus 2 tablespoons chopped almonds, for garnish
- 2 cups whole green seedless grapes, plus 1/4 cup sliced green grapes, for garnish
- 1 cup peeled, seeded and chopped cucumbers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fat-free plan yogurt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- Salt and fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- Soak the white bread in water to cover 5 minutes. Drain.
- Place whole almonds, whole grapes, cucumbers, garlic and soaked bread in a food processor fitted with the metal blade or a blender. Process or puree until combined. Add the yogurt, 1 cup water, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and continue to blend or process until smooth and creamy.
- Chill at least 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with chopped almonds and sliced grapes.