WHite Clam and Olive Pizza
- Yield 2 pizzas serving 4-6 pieces
- Prep 10 min
- Cook 15 min
- 2 packages pizza dough
- 1 can white clam sauce
- 1 can minced clams, drained with liquid reserved
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 pinches hot red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 1 package shredded mozzarella chese
- 1 small can sliced California olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Place pizza stones on a gas grill on high (or in oven at 450 degrees) and preheat for 10-15 minutes.
In a medium sauce pan, saute onions in 2 T olive oil until translucent.
Add garlic and cook about 1 minute, being careful not to burn garlic.
Add flour and red pepper flakes, stir constantly and cook until flour begins to change color, about 1 minute.
Add clam sauce and clams, stir until sauce begins to thicken to about the consistency of heavy cream. Add some reserved liquid if necessary
Roll out pizza dough to fit stones
Put 1/2 the clam mixture on each pizza and spread evenly
Top each with half the cheeses and half the olives
Bake until pizza is cooked through and cheese and sauce is bubbly
Remove from oven, sprinkle each evenly with half the parsley.
Drizzle half the remaining olive oil on each pizza
Slice and serve