WHite Clam and Olive Pizza
- Yield: 2 pizzas serving 4-6 pieces
- Prep: 10 min
- Cook: 15 min
- 2packages pizza dough
- 1can white clam sauce
- 1can minced clams, drained with liquid reserved
- 1small onion, sliced
- 4cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1tablespoon flour
- 2pinches hot red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 1package shredded mozzarella chese
- 1small can sliced California olives, drained
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Place pizza stones on a gas grill on high (or in oven at 450 degrees) and preheat for 10-15 minutes.
In a medium sauce pan, saute onions in 2 T olive oil until translucent.
Add garlic and cook about 1 minute, being careful not to burn garlic.
Add flour and red pepper flakes, stir constantly and cook until flour begins to change color, about 1 minute.
Add clam sauce and clams, stir until sauce begins to thicken to about the consistency of heavy cream. Add some reserved liquid if necessary
Roll out pizza dough to fit stones
Put 1/2 the clam mixture on each pizza and spread evenly
Top each with half the cheeses and half the olives
Bake until pizza is cooked through and cheese and sauce is bubbly
Remove from oven, sprinkle each evenly with half the parsley.
Drizzle half the remaining olive oil on each pizza
Slice and serve