White Chocolate Raisin Bars
- Yield 16 servings
- Prep 15 minutes
- Cook 40 minutes
A gooey, rich, wonderful dessert bar with the sweet combination of raisins and white chocolate.
- 1 1/2 cups California Raisins
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter, softened and cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan. Coarsely chop raisins. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, simmer raisins in water until soft, about 10 minutes. Cool slightly; stir in vanilla.
- In a large bowl, stir flour, brown sugar, oats, white chips, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Beat in butter until clumps form. Press half of this mixture into bottom of pan. Spread raisin mixture over top. Sprinkle with remaining oat mixture; press down slightly. Bake 40 minutes. Let cool in pan, then cut into bars.