White Chocolate Orange Cookies
- Yield 42 pieces
White chocolate chips and orange flavors come together in this irresistable cookie.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 -- egg
- 2 tablespoons orange extract
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 cups (12 ounces) white chocolate chips
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the egg, orange extract and orange zest and beat until blended. Add the flour mixture gradually, beating just until blended after each addition. Stir in the white chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350F for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are light brown. Cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Tyler Texas, Inc. Ring Around the Rosie, A Collection of Children’s Recipes (Tyler, Tx., 2007).