White Chocolate Orange Cookies
- Yield: 42 pieces
- 2 1/4cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2cup granulated sugar
- 1-- egg
- 2tablespoons orange extract
- 1tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2cups (12 ounces) white chocolate chips
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Cream the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the egg, orange extract and orange zest and beat until blended. Add the flour mixture gradually, beating just until blended after each addition. Stir in the white chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350F for 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges are light brown. Cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Tyler Texas, Inc. Ring Around the Rosie, A Collection of Children’s Recipes (Tyler, Tx., 2007).