White Chocolate Blueberry Bundt Cake
- Yield 16 to 20 servings
Melt in your mouth decadence with white chocolate and blueberries and a perfectly matched Almond Glaze.
- Almond Glaze:
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- For glaze, combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Preheat oven 350F. Grease bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt white chocolate for 1 minute in a microwave safe bowl; stir and cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Add in eggs and egg white, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition. Add vanilla and melted white chocolate and combine thoroughly.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder and baking soda. Alternate flour mixture with buttermlik until combined. Optionally, add pecans. Pour half of batter into bundt pan.
- Layer blueberries over batter; top with remaining batter, and create swirls with a knife.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes, invert onto a serving plate. Garnish the cake with a liberal dose of glaze.