White Chocolate Blueberry Bundt Cake
- Yield 16 to 20 servings
Melt in your mouth decadence with white chocolate and blueberries and a perfectly matched Almond Glaze.
- Almond Glaze:
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 -- eggs
- 1 -- egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- To prepare the glaze: In small bowl, mix together all ingredients.
- To prepare the cake: Preheat oven 350F. Coat Bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate chips in microwave 1 minute; stir until melted and cool slightly.
- In mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy. Beat in eggs and egg white, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and melted white chocolate, mixing well.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. Gradually add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk just until combined. Add pecans, if desired. Pour half of batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle blueberries over batter; top with remaining batter and swirl carefully with knife.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes, invert on serving plate. Drizzle with Almond Glaze.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age (2010).