White Chocolate and Lime Cheesecake Bars
- Yield: 9 servings
- 7ounces good-quality white chocolate (such as Lindt), chopped
- 27-- chocolate sandwich cooked (about 11 ounces)
- 1/2cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 8ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3tablespoons sugar
- 3tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- -- White chocolate curls for garnish
- -- Lime slices or lime twists for garnish
- Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over each side. Place the white chocolate in a small metal bowl. Heat over barely simmering water in a saucepan until melted and smooth, stirring constantly. Remove the bowl from over the hot water. Process the cookies in a food processor until finely ground. Add 2 tablespoons of the melted white chocolate and mix until the mixture clumps together. Press firmly in the prepared pan. Chill in the refrigerator. Beat the whipping cream in a medium bowl until firm peaks form. Beat the cream cheese, sugar, lime juice and lime zest in a large mixing bowl until smooth. Beat in the remaining melted white chocolate. Fold in the whipped cream one-half at a time. Spread over the prepared crust. Chill for at least 2 hours or until slightly firm. Lift out of the pan using foil extensions as an aid. Cut into bars. Garnish with white chocolate curls and lime slices.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Betty Sim’s Southern Scrumptious Favorites(Scrumptious Inc., Decatur, Alabama, 2011).