White Chicken Chili
- Yield: servings
- White Chicken Chili
- 1pound chicken breast tenderloins, cut in 1 in. pieces
- 1large onion, chopped
- 1/2cup green pepper, chopped
- 8ounces sliced, fresh mushrooms (preferably crimini, but buttons will do)
- 2cups corn, frozen or fresh
- 2cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1-- jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 1-- 4.5 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1-- 15 ounce can kidney beans
- 1-- 8 ounce can cream style corn
- 2cups chicken broth
- 2tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2teaspoons cumin
- 1/2teaspoon cayenne
- 2tablespoons oregano
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2cup cilantro, chopped (save some to garnish)
- -- Lime wedges (to garnish)
- -- Crème fraiche (to garnish)
- In a large pan over medium high heat, saute chicken, onions and garlic until chicken is no longer pink. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- In a large pot (while chicken is cooking) combine rest of the ingredients over medium high heat. Bring to a boil and cover. When chicken is cooked, add to broth mixture. Simmer on medium low for 5-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Right before serving, add cilantro.
- Garnish with a dollop of crème fraiche and lime wedge.
- Serve with a grilled piece of ciabatta bread drizzled with olive oil for the ultimate dipping experience!