White Beans with Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 0 mins
This recipe was inspired by one from Joyce Goldstein's Mediterranean Fresh (W. W. Norton, 2008).
- 3tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons sun-dried tomato-infused oil (from jar of sun-dried tomatoes)
- 1tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (16-ounce) cans cannellini or great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3cup diced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 basil leaves, chopped
- 1ounce grated Manchego or Romano cheese
- To prepare vinaigrette, whisk together all ingredients in small bowl.
- To prepare beans, place beans in a large bowl. Pour vinaigrette over beans. Let stand at least 1 hour. Add onion, garlic, basil and cheese, just before serving.
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton.
For more dinner recipes under 400 calories and with less than 20 grams of fat, check out our FREE 25 Dinners on a Diet Recipe Collection for the iPad on iTunes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 380
- Fat 19g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 830mg
- Carbohydrate 36g
- Fiber 10g
- Protein 16g