White Beans with Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Though this recipe is under 400 calories, Manchego still adds a rich, piquant flavor.
This recipe was inspired by one from Joyce Goldstein's Mediterranean Fresh (W. W. Norton, 2008).
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato-infused oil (from jar of sun-dried tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (16-ounce) cans cannellini or great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 ounce grated Manchego or Romano cheese
- To prepare vinaigrette, whisk together all ingredients in small bowl.
- To prepare beans, place beans in a large bowl. Pour vinaigrette over beans. Let stand at least 1 hour. Add onion, garlic, basil and cheese, just before serving.
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton.
For more dinner recipes under 400 calories and with less than 20 grams of fat, check out our FREE 25 Dinners on a Diet Recipe Collection for the iPad on iTunes.