White Beans with Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette
- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 10 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Manchego adds a rich, piquant flavor to these beans.
This recipe was inspired by one from Joyce Goldstein's Mediterranean Fresh (W. W. Norton, 2008).
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato-infused oil (from jar of sun-dried tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (16-ounce) cans cannellini or great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 basil leaves, chopped
- 1 ounce grated Manchego or Romano cheese
- To prepare vinaigrette, whisk together all ingredients in small bowl.
- To prepare beans, place beans in a large bowl. Pour vinaigrette over beans. Let stand at least 1 hour. Add onion, garlic, basil and cheese, just before serving.
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton.