White Beans with Feta and Artichokes
- Yield 6 servings
Serve this bean and artichoke combo over a bed of field greens or chopped romaine with slices of toasted French bread.
- 2 cups dried white beans or 3 cups drained and rinsed canned white beans
- 1 (10-ounce) box frozen artichoke hearts or 1 cup drained canned artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup minced red onions
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chile flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- If using dried beans, pick them over and discard any stones. Place dried beans in water to cover and let soak overnight. Drain, rinse and cover with fresh water, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until beans are tender.
- Mix beans (cooked or canned ones) and remaining ingredients except feta. Toss to combine. Add feta cheese and serve at room temperature.