White Bean and Rosemary Tapenade
- Yield 16 servings
Tapenade is a rich olive spread from the Provence region of southern France.
- 1 (15-ounce) can or jar white beans, rinsed and drained well (jarred white beans are better quality)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon (2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- Freshly ground black pepper or cayenne pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor fitted with metal blade and process or blend about 45 seconds until smooth and creamy. Allow to sit at least 1 hour so the flavors can get to know one another.