- Yield 8 servings
Whiskey turns these brownies from ordinary to extraordinary!
- 1/4 cup whiskey
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 -- eggs
- Bring the whiskey to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from the heat. Add the chocolate chips and stir until melted. Mix the flour, baking cocoa, baking powder and sal together. Beat the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and eggs and mix well. Add the flour mixture and whiskey mixture and beat at low speed until mixed. Spoon into a 9×9-inch baking pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 30 minutes or until the edges pull from the sides of the pan.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Galveston County’s Beachside to Boardwalk (Junior League of Galveston County, Inc., 2010).