Whipping Cream Pound Cake
- Yield 16 servings
This rich cake cries out for a scoop of strawberry ice cream on the side.
- 1 1/2 cups butter, melted
- 3 cups (heaping) sugar
- 6 -- eggs
- 3 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- -- Confectioners' sugar
- Combine the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat well. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until smooth after each addition. Do not overbeat.
- Add the flour alternately with the cream, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla. Spoon into a greased and floured bundt pan or two 5×9-inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 300 degres for 1 1/2 hours or until the cake tests done. Cool in the pan for a few minutes. Invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place on a cake plate. Sift confectioners' sugar over the cooled cake.
NOTE: Do not use unsalted butter in this recipe.
Recipe reprinted with persmission from the Junior League of Mobile, Bay Tables (Junior League of Mobile, 1999)