6-Ingredient Whipping Cream Biscuits
- Yield 10 servings
A simple, fluffy, golden biscuit perfect for breakfast
"I can't make biscuits the way Mama used to make them. But I have good luck with these melt-in-your-mouth biscuits. They are a breeze to make and my family really enjoys them."
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus 1 1/2 teaspoons to dust rolling surface
- 1 1/3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup whipping cream, plus 1 tablespoon
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Combine first four ingredients in a mixing bowl. Cut in butter, using a pastry blender, until texture resembles cornmeal.
- Add whipping cream and stir until dry ingredients are moist. Shape into a ball.
- Dust flat surface with extra flour. Knead dough five or six times.
- Roll out dough until it is 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut with a 2 1/2-inch round biscuit cutter. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden.
– Charlotte A. Bryant, Greensburg, Ky.