Whipped North Carolina Sweet Potatoes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2pounds sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/4pound (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/3cup sour cream
- 2teaspoons sorghum syrup or molasses
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast for 35 to 30 minutes, until heated through.
- Combine the sweet potatoes, butter, sour cream, sorghum syrup, salt, and pepper in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or mash in a large bowl with a potato masher, until well mixed and smooth.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Chris Chamberlain’s The Southern Foodie: 100 Places to Eat in the South (Thomas Nelson, 2012)